The Mclean Foundation at Work
The following is a small sample of our recent efforts in OUR community
- The MGC, Eel River Multigenerational Center – Funding to support the new center, promoting interaction and respect between the generations through a variety of programs.
- Vector Pool – Funding to support the building of an Aquatic Center for physical therapy, etc.
- Holiday Funding Partnership – Funding to support small grants to assist organizations with Holiday Assistance programs during November 1st and January 1st.
- Southern Humboldt Community Healthcare District – Funding to support the purchase of a new Telemetry Unit.
- Fortuna Elementary School District – Funding to support the purchase of an iPad portable work station with 10 iPads for Ambrosini Elementary School.
- Fortuna Sunrise Rotary Club – Funding to support the Food for People’s, Backpack’s for Kids Program in the Fortuna area.
- Fortuna Union High School District – Funding to support SAT prep workshop for 25 students.
- Eel River Valley Youth Soccer League – Funding for the purchase of 2 new soccer goals and accessories for the field at Newburg Park.
- Fortuna Community Services – Funding to support the Fortuna Community Garden Project.
- Riparian Education Alliance – Funding to support the Humboldt Live Class at Fortuna Middle School. A leadership and career class for 7th graders.
- Fortuna Volunteer Fire Department – Funding to support the Coats for Kids Project.
- Humboldt Botanical Gardens Foundation – Funding for Garden Interpretation Project.
- Community Alliance with Family Farmers – Farm to School Program- Know Your Farmer Education Program: farm to school program.
- Fortuna Chamber of Commerce – Support of Leadership Fortuna-an interactive 4 month program designed to introduce its members to the major facets of Fortuna and Humboldt Co. and provide leadership skill training.